What does rock have to do with enrollments? Everything. Yes, everything. Hear me out.
Here at HCAN, I have been rocking out to new information at the federal level and providing updates to the Certified Application Counselors (CACs) in a timely manner. Back in September, there was a 1½ day rock concert (training) filled with a variety of sessions that complemented the required federal CAC training. Since the concert, weekly updates have become more important as new information becomes available.
Examples of information that has been shared:
• 2018 Open Enrollment begins November 1st and ends December 15th 2017- only 45 days long.
• Affordable Care Act (ACA) is still the law.
• Tax penalties still exist. Depending on income, you can be subject to a fine of $695 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater.
• Medica is the only insurance company in Nebraska offering plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
• Eligibility for premium tax credits and Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs) to lower out of pocket costs hasn’t changed. Even if the administration stops making CSR payments to insurance companies, consumers will still receive these reductions.
Rock and Enrollments do go together
As I mentioned earlier, there has been a lot of rocking going on in preparation of Open Enrollment. So much rocking took place, that enrolling time is almost here. CACs across the state of Nebraska will rock enrollments in the coming weeks.
Need more proof? Here is proof that rock enrollments go together: Nebraska coalition video.
If you know of anyone that needs health insurance, have them visit healthcare.gov or contact a Nebraska health center today. Help us rock enrollments!
-Keshia Bradford, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Health Center Association of Nebraska