Know Your Rights – A Guide For Consumers Navigating Health Care
The HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) helps consumers understand their civil rights and right to the privacy of their health information. OCR has recently posted a resource to help you communicate this important information to consumers.
- To view the resource, use this link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/ocr-know-your-rights.pdf
Spanish Language Instructions Available for Federal Assister Training
As we announced on the October 31, 2014 assister webinar and in the November 4, 2014 assister newsletter, the 2015 Assister Training is now available in Spanish; you can access both the Spanish and English assister training curriculum on the MLN website using the following link: http://Marketplace.MedicareLearningNetworkLMS.com.
This week, the assister training instructions are also available in Spanish on Marketplace.cms.gov. The instructions include the process for selecting a User Type/User Role, Primary Language, and enrolling in a curriculum.
- To view training resources on CMS.Marketplace.gov, use this link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/training.html
- To view the assister training instructions in Spanish, use this link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/training-instructions-spanish.pdf
- To view the assister training instructions in English, use this link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/training-materials/assister-training-instructions.pdf
HRSA Outreach in Rural Communities: Presentation Slides
The Friday, October 17 assister webinar featured a presentation by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) on best practices for reaching out to individuals in rural communities and helping them apply for coverage through the Marketplace. A summary of this presentation, along with a list of additional resources, was included in the October 21, 2014 assister newsletter. Please note that the presentation slides for this webinar are now available at the following link.
- To view the presentation slides for “HRSA and the Affordable Care Act : Rural Outreach and Enrollment Efforts from the first Open Enrollment Period,” use this link: http://www.hrsa.gov/affordablecareact/marketplaceassisterwebinar.pdf
- A link to this presentation, along with other outreach resources, is available on the “Special populations” section of the Marketplace.CMS.gov “Outreach & Education” resources page https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/special-populations.html (Scroll down to view resources on rural populations)
HRSA Outreach to Individuals Living with HIV/AIDS: Presentation Slides
The Friday, October 31 assister webinar featured a presentation from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau on how to help consumers living with HIV/AIDS during Open Enrollment. A summary of this presentation, along with a list of additional resources, was included in the November 4, 2014 assister newsletter. Please note that the presentation slides for this webinar are now available at the following link.
- To view the presentation slides for “Assisting People Living with HIV/AIDS in the Marketplace,” use this link: http://hab.hrsa.gov/affordablecareact/assisterpresentation.pdf
Application Spotlight on the Assister ID Number: Power Point Slides
On the Friday, October 31 assister webinar, CMS provided an application spotlight on how the Federally-facilitated Marketplace and State Partnership Marketplace applications capture an assister’s ID number.
- A slide deck to this presentation can be found here: Application Spotlight on the Assister ID Number – October 31, 2014 (slides with speaker notes)