Why Work at a Community Health Center?
At a community health center you join a team of health professionals, community members, and patients who work together on effective, long term, community-based solutions to meet the primary health care needs in medically underserved areas.
Making a Difference
- Provide quality health care to underserved populations
- Reduce health disparities among those experiencing barriers to health care
Federal and state programs provide scholarships and loan repayment for many health professional occupations. Working at a community health center meets eligibility requirements for these programs.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Nebraska State Loan Repayment Programs
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Positive work/life balance
- Statewide associations of community health centers for peer networking and sharing best practices
Current Job Opportunities:
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
JOB TITLE: Director of Human Resources
LOCATION: Gering, Nebraska
Areas of Responsibility: Be responsible for activities of the Human Resource Department; be involved in strategic planning related to recruitment, retention and growth of staff; maintain accurate and confidential personnel files; recruitment and retention of employees; provide payroll information to Finance Department; work with management to assure that performance evaluations are completed; provide reports to management and funding sources as required; promote positive employee/management relations.
- Goals: Develop goals and activities for Human Resources in conjunction with the strategic plan of the agency and requirements of applicable regulations.
- Budget/Resources: Develop budget recommendations to support the Human Resources department in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Department activities:
- Maintain and update ADP software
- Develop, review, and revise job descriptions and the agency hiring and retention procedures including recruitment, interviews, selection, promotions, accommodations, and related functions
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews with employees leaving CAPWN employment
- Supervise the maintenance of personnel records and procedures for access to records
- Ensure compliance with licensing, contract provisions, regulations, and quality assurance requirements as applicable for personnel.
- Oversee compliance with and reporting of Equal Employee Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Responsible for the management and processing of claims related activities and serves as the claims point of contact.
- Oversee compliance with Federal and State labor laws and regulations
- Investigate employee complaints
- Provide consultation on performance evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Coordinate grievance and discrimination processes
- Promote employee safety and manage worker compensation and accommodations; oversee the safety committee.
- Reports and communication: Submit reports and communicate with funding sources, the Executive Director and Board of Directors; provide Finance Department with quarterly and year-end payroll reports and and W-2 forms to employees; and prepare government labor reports.
- Program assessment: Provide periodic review, evaluation, and modification of the agency human resource needs.
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
JOB TITLE: Primary Care Clinic Director
LOCATION: Gering, Nebraska
Area of Responsibility: Plans, directs, and coordinates management of the day-to-day operations of assigned departments and teams, while aligning work processes with organizational goals. Provide oversight for facilitating quality care to patients of all ages and cultural background. Directly responsible for the oversight of state-funded programs and staffing.
- Promote, oversee, and play an active role in patient care using the provider-led, team-based Patient Centered Medical Home Care Model
- Monitors and ensures compliance with medical protocols and administrative procedures, HIPPA, CLIA, OSHA, and state and federal regulations
- Supervision: of State-Funded programs management personnel as indicated by organizational chart. Encourage team management and problem-solving and positive feedback for individuals, units and all Clinic programs.
- Assist Human Resources with recruiting and hiring adequate staff for programs.
- Develop and/or schedule staff training that enhances program compliance and encourages professional growth.
- Utilize coaching and disciplinary procedures as necessary for staff under direct supervision
- Program management, planning and budgeting: Serve as a leader and role model regarding leadership, team functioning, service excellence, planning and budget activities, within Board policies including:
- Development of long and short range planning and budget recommendations for both internal and external purposes.
- Monitoring of State-Funded programs progress against both internal and external expectations (plans, budgets, quality assurance).
- Adheres to, reviews, and develops policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvements, updates, and/or changes to the Chief Executive Officer
- Assist/facilitate grant writing and budget development and oversight of state health programs
- Ensure that state-funded programs obtain adequate funding through a variety of appropriate sources and manage programs within the guidelines of these funding sources and parameters of those budgets.
- Collaborates with Chief Financial Officer in developing and monitoring the budget for areas of direct responsibility
- Be cognizant of community needs and develop programs as guided by the mission and role of CAPWN.
- Agency Collaboration: Work closely with Chief Executive Officer and CAPWN department directors in collaborating on health and human services activities within the policies established by the Board of Directors.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center
JOB TITLE: Nursing Quality Manager/Infectious Disease Public Health Nurse
FACILITY: Good Neighbor Community Health Center, Columbus, NE
The Nursing Quality Manager is responsible to ensure all patients receive a level of care reflecting
best practice standards. The Nurse Quality Manager will ensure excellent quality nursing practices are
followed; elements of performance for Accreditation by The Joint Commission/Patient Centered
Medical Home, HIP AA Standards and HRSA Quality Standards are carried out. The Nurse Quality
Manager will demonstrate an understanding and application of Evidence Based Practice with the use
of data, writing of policy and procedures and support of performance measures success coupled with
an ability to promote a culture of quality by the healthcare team.
Under the direction of the NE State Department of Health and Human Services System, coordinate
disease investigation and surveillance for Boone, Nance, Platte and Colfax Counties to reduce the risk
or prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Duties are specific and require strong interpersonal
skills, demonstrated success as a team player, ability to interact with individuals from a variety of
disciplines, strong organizational skills, evidence of success in detail-oriented systematic work, and
the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
To apply: visit http://ecdhd.ne.gov/employment/
Heartland Health Center
JOB TITLE: Dentist, Full-time
FACILITY: Heartland Health Center, Grand Island, NE
The Dentist provides complete dental care to patients, including preventative care, education, and required dental treatments. This position also encompasses basic administrative and outreach duties as needed. Heartland Heath center has a HPSA score of 14 and may have the potential to qualify for student loan repayment programs. Our Dental Clinic is open M-F with no nights or weekends.
- Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry and has an unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of NE.
- Prefer experience serving patients from low-income economic status
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, office management system software, and Electronic Health Systems
- Adequate vision, sight, speech and hearing to meet core duties of the position. Ability to reach, stoop, walk and lift 25 pounds.
- Satisfies all requirements for licensure of an Dentist in the State of Nebraska
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates may apply online at Indeed.com. See link: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Heartland-Health-Center/jobs
- Applicants may also send resume and other materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Submit a Job Posting
HCAN posts job openings at member health centers in Nebraska and Iowa. If your organization is one of these and you would like to post an opening at your organization, email the job title, a brief overview, a bulleted list of qualifications, and instructions on how to apply to email@example.com with Job Posting in the subject field.