Why Work at a Community Health Center?
At a community health center you join a team of health professionals, community members, and patients who work together on effective, long term, community-based solutions to meet the primary health care needs in medically underserved areas.
Making a Difference
- Provide quality health care to underserved populations
- Reduce health disparities among those experiencing barriers to health care
Federal and state programs provide scholarships and loan repayment for many health professional occupations. Working at a community health center meets eligibility requirements for these programs.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Nebraska State Loan Repayment Programs
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Positive work/life balance
- Statewide associations of community health centers for peer networking and sharing best practices
Current Job Opportunities:
Good Neighbor Community Health Center
JOB TITLE: Nursing Quality Manager/Infectious Disease Public Health Nurse
FACILITY: Good Neighbor Community Health Center, Columbus, NE
The Nursing Quality Manager is responsible to ensure all patients receive a level of care reflecting
best practice standards. The Nurse Quality Manager will ensure excellent quality nursing practices are
followed; elements of performance for Accreditation by The Joint Commission/Patient Centered
Medical Home, HIP AA Standards and HRSA Quality Standards are carried out. The Nurse Quality
Manager will demonstrate an understanding and application of Evidence Based Practice with the use
of data, writing of policy and procedures and support of performance measures success coupled with
an ability to promote a culture of quality by the healthcare team.
Under the direction of the NE State Department of Health and Human Services System, coordinate
disease investigation and surveillance for Boone, Nance, Platte and Colfax Counties to reduce the risk
or prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Duties are specific and require strong interpersonal
skills, demonstrated success as a team player, ability to interact with individuals from a variety of
disciplines, strong organizational skills, evidence of success in detail-oriented systematic work, and
the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
To apply: visit http://ecdhd.ne.gov/employment/
Heartland Health Center
JOB TITLE: Dentist, Full-time
FACILITY: Heartland Health Center, Grand Island, NE
The Dentist provides complete dental care to patients, including preventative care, education, and required dental treatments. This position also encompasses basic administrative and outreach duties as needed. Heartland Heath center has a HPSA score of 14 and may have the potential to qualify for student loan repayment programs. Our Dental Clinic is open M-F with no nights or weekends.
- Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry and has an unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of NE.
- Prefer experience serving patients from low-income economic status
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, office management system software, and Electronic Health Systems
- Adequate vision, sight, speech and hearing to meet core duties of the position. Ability to reach, stoop, walk and lift 25 pounds.
- Satisfies all requirements for licensure of an Dentist in the State of Nebraska
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates may apply online at Indeed.com. See link: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Heartland-Health-Center/jobs
- Applicants may also send resume and other materials via email to email@example.com for consideration.
Submit a Job Posting
HCAN posts job openings at member health centers in Nebraska and Iowa. If your organization is one of these and you would like to post an opening at your organization, email the job title, a brief overview, a bulleted list of qualifications, and instructions on how to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Posting in the subject field.