At a time when our nation is facing a new public health crisis with the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Nebraska’s Community Health Centers are on the frontline and ready to use their services to help speed up the delivery of needed care to vulnerable Nebraskans. Please use these important resources.
Clinical Resources for Each COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
Find information for COVID-19 vaccination administration, storage and handing, reporting, and patient education for each specific vaccine from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Find CDC resources here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Health Care Providers (NE DHHS)
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Immunization Program aims to protect people against known and emerging infectious diseases here in Nebraska.
Find resources specific to Nebraska here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic requires multiple strategies to maintain clinical preventive services, including immunization. These resources provide information on COVID-19 vaccine operations, federal guidance, collaborations, communications to increase vaccine confidence, and examples from the field.
The Health Center Resource Clearinghouse provides COVID-19 resources that include shared templates and samples from health centers and PCAs as well as National TTA providers. Resources can be found here.
Health Care Providers – Important Information
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
HRSA is working to keep health centers and Health Center Program partners updated on the latest information regarding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) COVID-19 Resources
NACHC’s novel coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) resource page is a hub for information Community Health Centers can use to strengthen readiness efforts and educate their communities.
CDC Resources in Languages Other than English
COVID-19 Fact Sheets in Languages Other than English
- CDC’s Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Protective Equipment
- CDC’s printable resources
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response- Tips for taking care of yourself
- Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control FAQs for COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/infection-control/infection-prevention-control-faq.html
Resources for the Community- Patients and Communities
What you need to know
Watch for symptoms
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
Protect Yourself and Others
Nebraskans can help protect themselves from COVID-19 and other respiratory infections by:
- Staying home if you are sick and avoiding close contact with those who are sick.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America or 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- CDC’s Clean & Disinfect Recommendations
- Facts about COVID-19—- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.html